Being a great coach, business owner, or leader, often requires us to find a balance between seemingly opposing ideas or personality traits.
When it comes to coaching, it’s important for us to find the balance between:
- Being personable, while also being professional
- Being professional, but not formal
- Being knowledgeable, but not academic in how we talk or teach
- Educating our members, while also entertaining them.
- Holding a high standard, without being overbearing
- Empathetic of our members struggles, without coddling them
- To have high energy and be encouraging, while also providing a ton of substance and value
- Be present with individuals, while also putting the needs of the larger group first
Finding the balance between this dichotomy, is what separates the great coaches from the good ones. And in order to pull this off consistently, it requires massive self awareness.
This episode dives into the dichotomy of great coaches, and how you can begin to develop more self awareness around your own coaching.
Listen to this episode below: